Monday, January 30, 2012

Busy Start to a New Year.

It has been quite some time since I have done a blog, September actually. I must admit since moving to our new home our family has been very busy. During the holiday season my etsy shop had a great amount of traffic that also kept me on my toes. I am glad I have a little time to work on my blog.

My etsy shop has undergone quite a few changes. I have increased my amount of scents and I still have new ones to put up on my shop. The most popular this past holiday season were the sinus helper and eucalyptus scented items. Under my shop section is a list of my scents including the newer ones. I still have 8 new scents to also put up. I need to find the time to make some items with the new scents though.

I was also approached by a local store in the mall to feature my items in a small section of their store.
If you live in Huntsville Alabama area visit the Green Spot store by Belks in the Madison Square Mall.
Besides my items they have a great store, and feature other local small business owners with jewelry and some great honey products. I am also working with a store near Atlanta who will be featuring some of my items as well in the near future. I was also interviewed by a morning news team and will be featured on the morning news at some point in the future.

As far as my shop goes, I put out a large bath bomb scented in sinus helper that was included in the Etsy news letter earlier this month. The day it was sent I received over 2300 hits in a few hours and had a very amazing day. I think every one gets excited about being on the Etsy front page but I would have to say a persons shop gets much more exposure from the newsletter.

This week I will also be putting out a new line of items that I have been working on. The are based on the elements Earth, Air, Water, and Fire. I have made a unique bath bomb and soap that expressed these elements. I am really excited about the earth soap as the ingredients are fantastic and the soap smell great. This particular soap is goats milk soap, with parsley, real ground cinnamon that will leave your skin feeling warm and refreshed and wheat bran that exfoliates and softens the skin. It scent is a mixture of earthy scents, and will be in my shop later this week as well as the others.

Since it has been since September since I last wrote in my blog, I wanted to catch up some and get back into writing.

I will do another blog featuring some of my new items later this week.
As for now, I welcome everyone to a new year, I have lots of plans to get started and many new ideas that I have to get out. I look forward to expanding my shop and venturing to the next level. My goal is to be able to make great items for customers with top notch ingredients and care. We are growing more items to use in my soaps, bath teas and such so look for quite a few new items in the coming months.

Well I think I got enough out there for today.
Thanks for sticking with my blog and I will do my best to keep everyone updated with new items and blogs.
Have a great day
Joseph and Family.

No comments: