Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Great Breakfast Smoothie.

Yesterday I was tired from a long car ride with a 14 month old, and the long weekend in Louisville for our friends wedding. So I wanted to start my day off with a boost, kick me into gear for all of the things I need to accomplish.
My family loves this Smoothie and its pretty easy to do,
I figured I would post it now since alot of fruits are in season.

So here goes.

Breakfast Smoothie

1 cup of frozen peaches, (we get ours from a farmers market,slice and freeze them
1 cup frozen blackberries, or blueberries, or raspberries :)
4 tbl spoons of dried milk powder
2 tbl spoons of milled flax seed. (optional)
2 cups of milk.
about 5 or six ice cubes.

For a sweeter flavor you can add a 4 oz flavored yogurt such as peach or berry

Simply put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
If it seems to be more of a melting ice cream consistency add a little milk at a time.

Its easy but fun and tasty.
I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: